Skilled Vehicle Mechanic
Main Purpose: To undertake all vehicle servicing, fault diagnosis and defect rectification.
- To service vehicles in accordance with manufactures requirements.
- To undertake routine maintenance of all company and customer vehicles in accordance with manufacturer and local recommendations.
- To rectify all observed defects to ensure vehicle roadworthy compliance.
- To participate in a vehicle breakdown service.
- To participate in winter maintenance operations.
- To participate in maintenance support operations.
- To support service delivery outside normal operations hours.
- To accurately complete all relevant paperwork associated with the post.
- To report misuse, damage or premature wear of vehicle components.
- To comply with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To adhere to all codes of practice, systems of work and processes.
- To work closely with colleagues regarding vehicle defects.
Special Conditions: This post requires a pre-employment Medical Assessment and will require an annual health review.
Experience: Experience of servicing and vehicle repairs required
Qualifications: City and Guilds or NVQ Automotive Servicing and Repair Level 3
Full Driving Licence
Practical Skills: The ability to organise and maintain motivation.
The ability to work within strict time parameters.
The ability to work with minimum supervision.
The ability to identify and rectify defective components.
Personal Qualities: Good communication skills
Willing to undertake further training
Willing to work as a team player
Commitment to Health and Safety
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
A knowledge of equality and diversity issues.